Monday, July 11, 2005

News Ticker Tests Limits of My Ticker

This evening, my mother and I casually absorbed some information from our trusted network, Fox News. Finding the story uninteresting, I read the ticker scrolling across the bottom of our rounded-corner screen. When Mom and I burst into simultaneous laughter, I knew she, too, had been reading the ticker:

MAN HELD ON SUSPICION OF BEING HEAD OF MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL RELEASED AFTER DNA TESTS PROVE HE IS A LAW-ABIDING ARCHITECT.

Through the miracle of TiVo, we rewound and paused so I could scrawl the newsflash on the back of an old newsletter. Still chuckling, we resumed the news, and soon read a continuation:

JOAQUIN ROMERO APARICIO WAS ARRESTED LAST WEEK AFTER AUTHORITIES SUSPECTED HIM OF BEING VICENTE CARRILLO, THE ALLEGED CHIEF OF THE JUAREZ CARTEL.

Don't you hate it when authorities mistake you for a drug lord?? Thank goodness for that law-abiding-architect chromosome!! I clutched my heart and wiped tears from my eyes after laughing so hard - what a wonderful feeling. I hope this tickled your funny bone as well. If you find the obscure to be entertaining, be sure to check out Fox News' Out There Newsbriefs (or read Ben and Jess's blog.)

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I watched the news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home