Maggie
Sometimes, instincts skip a generation. Take my cat, for instance.
Maggie lacks certain skills that the majority of the feline world takes for granted. One of them is depth perception. Tonight, I watched some rockin TV with my mom as we sat on the comfy living room couch. The cat hopped onto the coffee table where mom and I had rested our feet. Acknowledging her presence, I waved my fingertips from where they rested on my knee.
Ever seen a cat rear up on its haunches, bat a paw in the air, and just kind of go into "alert" mode when teased with a toy, a feather, a moth? That was Maggie. Only she was a good three feet from my fingers, the object she was batting.
Another skill crucial to the animal world is a keen sense of reality. Maggie chases invisible things. It's especially funny when she stops mid-run and turns around to flee the invisible foe.
Oh the joy this animal brings to our home! To my life! When not entertaining, Maggie is downright inspiring with self-discipline when it comes to spending time in quiet, blissful meditation. Maybe sometime I'll share with you her insightful awareness of prayer.


1 Comments:
This one's my fav. Bout fell out of me seat. Kudos to the both of you!
Post a Comment
<< Home