For Tom
My cousin commented on my last post, requesting an abridged version of my thoughts for our less educated readers. Well Tom, I've put some serious consideration into this reply, and you're sorta getting your wish. What results is an "Easy on the Brain" blog for Tom and all his henchmen.
Jack is a cat. Jack sees a rat. Jack and Rat run fast. See Rat run? So fun!
Fip has a big hat. Dot has a big map. Fip and Dot have a hat and a map.
Buff can eat gum. The gum is red. Red gum is fun for Buff.
Those three storylines display VC, CV, CVC, and some CVCC patterns. They also use the 2VGW rule. Did you want to know that, Tom? : ) Actually, I've got all this stuff on the brain because tomorrow I work with students and I've been mentally running through L-Bell exercises. (For an explanation, read the blog called "May I please speak to Linda?")
Sometimes, when a word doesn't abide by the rules we have in English, we tell the kids that "it doesn't play fair." I think that's cute. It's also the reason I titled a recent post "Doesn't Doesn't play fair." Just wanted you to know.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home