"Doesn't" Doesn't Play Fair
With three days of training under my belt, I can accurately say that I've logged 27 hours with the same 11 people this week. My new job not only requires 40 minute commutes each way but hour upon grueling hour of learning, laughter, practice, and candy. It's a blast and getting more fun each day. Oh yes, the overwhelming chaos of Day 1 is long behind me: I'm now a seasoned Day 3 Trainee!
Having been in a room with the same crew for so much time, some impressions are certainly formed. I've delightfully found myself to be accompanied in the training group by 3 other Christians. The encouraging encounters so far have brought excitement about being in this workplace (though one of these 3 is in training for another facility) with like-hearted people as well as the like-minded others. It's a joy to speak about the LORD without restraint to those who understand! The "kinship" is fantastic when that link is found. Yay for fellow believers, and yay for the opportunity to shine Light.
Also on the work-front, the scheduling for our group is two weeks of training, followed by observation, then working with students under a mentor, and finally seeing students independently. Cool enough. This afternoon as we finished up in training, our ACD (assoc. clinic director) popped in to ask another trainee and me to come see her before leaving for the day. Since the other trainee is also... hm... talkative, I honestly considered the possibility that we were being called in for scolding. Was I too disruptive with my jokes or pranks? Too laid back when I'd slip the fancy shoes off under the table? Alas: due to scheduling conflicts, two clinicians are needed for Monday morning, and we are being asked to take the shifts!! I'll see students on Monday! Two! An 8-yr-old boy and a 5-yr-old girl! Woohoo!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home