AREA WOMAN WHO "DOESN'T CRY AT BOOKS" CRIES AT BOOK
So it isn't the catchiest of headlines. Tough.
My mom is a librarian, and I'm an avid reader - it's a winning combination. Mom comes across a title or a recommendation and devours it. Any good? She sends it along. No go? No problem. Earlier this year, Mom and I discovered two treasures in the world of fiction: Diane Noble and Angela Hunt.
The first operates under an alias, Amanda MacLean, but the only work of hers that I read was under DN's real deal. The Veil is a refreshingly bold read - historical, controversial fiction that has "really creeped out" some of the friends who've read it thanks to my mom and me.
Author #2, Angela Elwell Hunt, is amazing. To date I've tackled only 4 of her titles and began the fifth this evening, but I'm losing sleep. This is good stuff. I was impressed by The Justice, challenged by The Pearl, touched by The Debt, and rocked last night & this morning by The Awakening, which I defied Circadian rhythms to read. GOOD STUFF. Hunt isn't your average author of Christian fiction - her plots are unpredictable, her styles versatile. It all combines for some truly fantastic reading. My highest recommendation is The Awakening, which evoked tears, goosebumps, and laughter from this typically-untouchable reader.


2 Comments:
eye whish I new how reed guhd.
My goodness! Thank you for the kind comments, for signing into my blog, and for reading my books. :-)
My friend Diane Noble thanks you, too. She IS a gem.
Angie
Post a Comment
<< Home