Speaking of Chris...
Who is this kid, anyway?
Most of my faithful audience, now thousands strong, may be wondering about the various allusions to a young man. Some have been subtle, others undeniable. The time has come, my friends, the time has come. I will blog about Chris. In the famous words of Frau Bleucher, "He... vas... my... boyfriend!"
Not just was, but is. Chris is my boyfriend. And what a boy.
This young man hails from Renton, WA - a suburb of sunny Seattle - and enjoys such delightful pasttimes as full-contact rugby and heavy metal music. Not really. (Would I be dating a kid like that? Come on, opposites attract. It would be crazy to hang out with someone so similar to myself!) In actuality, Chris is a gentle-hearted, humorous, athletic, God-fearing young man. I will be proud to introduce him to my reading public residing in California come this December.
Initially, it was that very sense of humor that drew me to Chris, and in fact vice versa. The dude thinks I'm funny - where he gets that idea, we may never know. Our friendship began when we both came to Multnomah in the fall of 2003, and steadily grew like... fungus. He's reading this as I write it, and I wrote that for the burst of laughter. I wasn't disappointed.
Anyway, our "romance" is four months strong now, if considered "officially," though we have both been thinking "Hmmmm..." about one another for quite a bit longer than that. As for the rest of our story, is it not written in the Books of Annuls of the Kings?
Today Chris and I walked past a squirrel desperately trying to consume every trace of peanut butter from a nearly-empty jar in the gutter. The little rodent had the whole upper half of its body in that jar. So hilarious. I consider that squirrel a metaphor for our relationship. (If it's not obvious why, I'm not gonna explain.)

Questions, comments, feedback? Fill out the form below, entitled "Post a comment."


4 Comments:
can i say I love you two!!
finally I hear more about the Chris in your life! he's cute. Chrises are great guys too. ;-) Love ya!
Missy, can I just say that you are blessed. I have waited my whole life to find someone like Chris. I would even go as far as saying that I am jealous. He sounds so humble. If ya'll ever decide to take a break, send him my way.
Sounds like a great guy! Must be because he's a hapa. I hear they make excellent love interests... and gohan.
Post a Comment
<< Home