WAH!
I firmly believe that one maniacal genius is responsible for the inventions of the following:
- CD packaging
- midterms
- stilettos
That said, two massive exams are out of the way. What blissful relief! Yesterday's test was worth 25% of a 4-credit class. Twenty five percent. Of a four-credit class. One fourth. Massive class. Where I come from, an individual test should not be worth so much. It's downright unethical. This morning's midterm was in American Lit and was comprised of two essay portions. Of course, I had to be well prepared to write on any one of twelve given essay topics. (I didn't have to be, but being Missy Van "I like doing well on tests" Meter, I had to be.)
Something helpful to keep me from "the depths of despair" - growing overwhelmed with the weight of academia - is that this current week is bookended by two fantastic weekends. Last weekend was spent north of Seattle at my boyfriend's church retreat. Oh, what a blast. Even five-hour drives are relaxing when you're with the right company. This coming weekend is our school's mid-semester break. A couple of friends and I (cf. GNO) will stay at a girlfriend's house and veg. Though I have some responsibilities for the weekend, my overall plan involves catching up on some sleep.
But by the grace of God I would collapse under all this weight. School is exponentially increasing in rigor, work and ministry are both involving leadership roles as of this week, and if there were not faithful ones praying for me, I would faint. I'm sure of it. But I'm having fun. Limping sometimes, but having fun.
An amazing quote was born out of a study session on Monday night, and may these be my parting words as I head into a time of relaxing from recent mental strain:
"Everyone please turn in your hymnals to #329, The Mexican Hat Dance."



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home