Tuesday, September 20, 2005

GNO 9.20.05

Most of my blogs have been on impersonal matters. Not in a cold, distant sense of the word impersonal, but in the sense that people I know and love have rarely appeared as subjects for my blogs. No more! I hereby pronounce a streak of blogging which shall last however so long I desire and will be henceforth known as The Peoples' Blogs!

Number One!
Tonight was Girls' Night Out. To many men, this might conjure a vague image of guacamole masks and popcorn, but to any respectable young woman in her twenties, Girls Night Out is an evening of dignity. Honor. Maturity. Scarfing tortillas and making known the presence of 5 outrageously fun and beautiful girls to all of the Chevy's patrons and employees. This blog goes out to my amazing friends of Girls Night Out.

I've been blessed with many dear friends of the heart. If I were to write deeply about all of them, there would not be enough rooms in the world to contain the records! (Wait, that's something else.) So here, now, I have to convey to you and posterity that the following are young women of character, faith, and joy in my life:
  • Beka
  • Elizabeth
  • Laura
  • Little Amy

What a blessing it is to know and love these precious ones, and to be known and loved by them. Our group dynamic involves contributions of blunt, loud, insightful, gentle, and outlandish thoughts. There is wisdom to be found in many, and this gang of gals is a perfect example. I love occasionally stepping back to revel in the ridiculous banter as we laugh uproariously, then moments later find truth and affirmation abounding. Such good times. Such good friends. I'm so blessed.

Beka, I love you. Elizabeth, I love you. Laura, I love you. Little Amy, I love you.

1 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's the hott chick second from the left?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home