Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Game

Chris loves to play games. One of his favorites is a kind of "before & after" with a twist, where each person not only has to build on the last word said, but recite everything already said until that point. This can get ridiculous, as you find yourselves quoting nonsense in long sequences, like so:

"I love coffee..."
"I love coffee table..."
"I love coffee table by the horns" (taking from the phrase of 'grabbing the bull by the horns') and so on.

This morning, Rachel and I passed a napkin back and forth, building on the word, syllable, or even letter that the other person ended with. It filled the napkin. I will now share the contents of our brilliance with you, separating our additions with dashes. Some things won't make sense until you really stop to think about the sound. Others won't make sense at all... that's ok. Enjoy.

RACHEL & MISSY
THE GAME
11/10/05

Hand-ball-istic-al-lama-herd-around the world-peace-of cake-concert-ainly-I will-iam shakespeare-in love-r's lament-ations-suke-sookey-to my heart-will go on-tario-grande-latte-extra hot-tamales-and rice-comma laura-cleansing-a new song to the Lord-inances-tor worship-s come sailing in on Christmas Day-of the Lord's vengance-go marching one by one-Lord one faith one baptism-of the Holy Spirit-like a dove-promises-before God and these witnesses-to a crime-an peninsula-tion-fibers-good for you-jerk i hate you-'re welcome-to my life-insurance-salesman-comma death of a

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! It makes me happy that a simple game like "Before and After Extreme Home Edition" can break down cultural barriers.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Uh... cultural barriers?

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cultural barriers. You know, things like language, music, food...Before and After. Cultural barriers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home