QUIPS
I'd apologize for the 2 week gap since the last post, but if my readers will refer to my first blog, in which I listed my terms of service, they will read that I carry the right to delay as long as I wish, in accordance with the prophecies - oh wait, that's something else.
People make me laugh. I greatly enjoy taking a snippet of an amusing lecture or conversation, removing it from its context, and celebrating the wit and absurdity of the speaker. Below are a few quotes (just a few - I write down stuff like this all the time) from the last couple of months.
In response to a recent cafeteria addition:
"My favorite part is that there are starving children in Africa, and we have waffle irons with the school insignia. I know, let's send em waffles. Or better yet, a waffle iron. 'Be warm and well-fed.'"
Those words are from Becca Sue, the most quotable person I know. Furthermore, she has said, "Ah! I just apple streudled my Colossians!"
In response to the idea that human life is of highest intelligence:
"Well, I've never seen banana slugs consorting with one another to formulate thermonuclear holocaust..." -Ray Lubeck
Also from Ray: "This isn't the Jesus you're used to; this is a historian. This is Jesus Ben-Sirach, not Jesus Ben-God."
Another professor, Dan Christiansen, said in class this week: "I like when my wife wears miniskirts. She's got great legs."
And finally, in response to my plans for no-talent talent night, Kevin Martins said, "That's great. You just leave pride at the door. Carry shame in like a coat. Drape it around yourself and dance, dance like the wind."
Oh wow.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home