Two Down, One to Go (to ichthiological heaven)
Both of my little yellow guys have passed on to a better place*. Remaining is Alvin Peter, the larger, blue fish. Any sense of loneliness is compensated by the fact that he now swims happily in a 10-gallon tank**. He'll be in a friend's care over spring break, and if he doesn't survive, I don't think I'll cry. I did cry when fish #2, Maximillian, was struggling for survival. It was heartbreaking, I tell you - he was trying so hard to wiggle his way off the bottom of the tank, but he just couldn't. Saddest of all was when I tearfully said "Come on, little guy! Swim up! You can do it!" No lie: he actually exerted more effort for a few seconds before sinking back down in exhaustion. I wept. The fact that it was way past midnight and I'd been studying for an extensive and challenging midterm had, I'm sure, nothing to do with the emotional outburst.
All is not lost, however. I've learned something from all of this: Fish sink to the bottom before they float to the top.
On a more positive note, I scalded the roof of my mouth with overheated clam chowder on Friday and spent the weekend pushing on the blisters with my tongue.
Oh how desperately I will welcome spring break.
*by "a better place" i refer to mbc's septic system.
**by "a 10-gallon tank" i actually mean a friend's terrarium that i converted into an aquarium, ignoring the sign that indicates "do not fill with water."


2 Comments:
Hilarious.
Morbid? Yes. Disgusting? Yes. Utterly ashamed to be related to you? ...eh, no.
The only reason I'm not appalled is because I've heard of worse. I think we'll just go with "shockingly hilarious." Kinda like a mix between "where do you come up with this stuff?" and "I wish you hadn't come up with this stuff."
I think you should write a new blog! Something on...giraffes drawn in class, or your opinion on the Lord's supper, or why cats always land on their feet.
Post a Comment
<< Home